Monday 9 August 2010

Laptop blues..days 30 -

Ok, I'm still using the laptop and not really enjoying the experience.  We've also had illness in the family - (my mother-in-law broke her hip but is thankfully mending well), and I have fallen a little behind with my posting.  But, I have some time this evening and also the inclination so here's a bit of a catch up.

# 30/365  The bottle brush flowers  attract many, many bees and wasps as well as other insects. 
irresistable


# 31/365 View from the office.  I'm very lucky to work in a place where there are many plants and flowers, lots of green space and trees.  This is a detail from a hanging basket  - one of a pair outside my office window.


en pointe


# 32/365  Ah, tea........This is the only photograph I took on this particular day, which was a loooooong day and this mug of tea at about 9.30 p.m. was a lifesaver!  I used my favourite handpainted mug (there's a ladybird in relief on the other side) which my mum bought for me about 10 years ago for comfort.  No-one else is allowed to use it!


with milk and sugar


# 33/365   -  We seek him here, we seek him there

The mystery has been solved, the truth revealed, but no-one has been beheaded.  Imagine my delight when I identifed the tiny red wildflower as a scarlet pimpernel.  The link has some fabulous close up photographs of this lovely little flower and although we don't have it in abundance, I'm hopeful for next year!



that demned elusive pimpernel

1 comment:

  1. Another interesting selection, and it's good to see that you've identified your mystery flower! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete